Oral Arts is a Licensed Cu-Sil Laboratory.
Cu-Sil® is a practical alternative to overdentures, transitional dentures, conventional dentures, and full dentures. It can be used for roofless uppers and free end partials where tooth contour is insufficient to cast clasps. It improves the prognosis of loose, mobile isolated elongated or periodontally involved abutments.
Cu-Sil® is the simplest, gentlest removable partial available. It is an acrylic tissue-bearing appliance featuring a soft elastomeric gasket which, clasps the neck of each natural tooth, sealing out food and fluids, and cushioning and splinting each natural tooth from the hard denture base.
Saves Teeth. Cu-Sil® eliminates wear, stress and torque of metal clasps. It can postpone or eliminate total loss of periodontally involved teeth. Improves tooth stability.
Saves Time and Money. No special “preps” or impression techniques are required. Minimizes adjustments and chairtime. And, it allows lost cost add-ons, repairs and relines.
Improves Appearance. Patients like Cu-Sil® because it is hardly noticeable. Its unsurpassed in comfort, yielding better fit and improved bite.
Prove it to Yourself. Once you try Cu-Sil®, you’ll use it again and again. Contact us for complete details.
- Upper and lower impressions or models
- Tooth and gingival shade
- Bite registration
- Need to stabilize, cushion and splint teeth
- Periodontally involved teeth
- Need for gentle partial
- Need for transitional denture
- Mobile, doubtful teeth
- Need for aesthetics
- Not enough undercut for clasps
- Eliminate extractions
- Single or isolated teeth
- Wants a “roofless” upper
- Small, weak root structure
- Nickel allergy/mixed metal dentition
- Strength is limited to thickness of acrylic. Can do combination steel and Cu-Sil® cases.
Aversion to Bulk:
- Lower free-end with closed labial can affect overt appearance if thin-lipped. Try with 2 layers of base plate wax in vestibule.
Too Many Teeth:
- This will result in a weak appliance. Cu-Sil® is at its best with few teeth. Recommend some extractions. Minimal resorption will occur across gap.
- Block them out. Should get plenty of retention otherwise from Cu-Sil® clasps.
Thick Muscle Attachments:
- Can result in displacement of partial. A roofless upper might be in order.
- Needs stability of ridge to stop lateral stress.
- Upper anteriors are often unsatisfactory if open smile line.
In A Hurry:
- Can not rush the technique.
- D5211 Maxillary Partial Denture – Resin Base (including any conventional clasps, rests, and teeth. Includes acrylic resin base denture with resin or wrought wire clasps.)
- D5212 Mandibular Partial Denture – Resin Base (including any conventional clasps, rests, and teeth. Includes acrylic resin base denture with resin or wrought wire clasps.)