Oral Arts is a Licensed Cu-Sil Laboratory.
Cu-Sil® is a practical alternative to overdentures, transitional dentures, conventional dentures, and full dentures. It can be used for roofless uppers and free end partials where tooth contour is insufficient to cast clasps. It improves the prognosis of loose, mobile isolated elongated or periodontally involved abutments.
Cu-Sil® is the simplest, gentlest removable partial available. It is an acrylic tissue-bearing appliance featuring a soft elastomeric gasket which clasps the neck of each natural tooth, sealing out food and fluids, and cushioning and splinting each natural tooth from the hard denture base.
Saves Teeth. Cu-Sil® eliminates wear, stress and torque of metal clasps. it can postpone or eliminate total loss of periodontally involved teeth. Improves tooth stability.
Saves Time and Money. No special "preps" or impression techniques are required. Minimizes adjustments and chairtime. And, it allows lost cost add-ons, repairs and relines.
Improves Appearance. Patients like Cu-Sil® because it is hardly noticeable. Its unsurpassed in comfort, yielding better fit and improved bite.
Prove it to Yourself. Once you try Cu-Sil®, you'll use it again and again. Contact us for complete details.
- Need to stabilize, cushion and splint teeth
- Periodontally involved teeth
- Need for gentle partial
- Need for transitional denture
- Mobile, doubtful teeth
- Need for aesthetics
- Not enough undercut for claps
- Eliminate extractions
- Single or isolated teeth
- Wants a "roofless" upper
- Small, weak root structure
- Nickel allergy/mixed metal dentition
- Heavy Bite Strength is limited to thickness of acrylic. Can do combination steel and Cu-Sil® cases.
- Aversion to Bulk Lower free-end with closed labial can affect overt appearance if thin-lipped. Try with 2 layers of base plate wax in vestibule.
- Too Many Teeth This will result in a weak appliance. Cu-Sil® is at its best with few teeth. Recommend some extractions. Minimal resorption will occur across gap.
- Severe Under-Cuts Block them out. Should get plenty of retention otherwise from Cu-Sil® clasps.
- Thick Muscle Attachments Can result in displacement of partial. A roofless upper might be in order.
- Shallow Plate Needs stability of ridge to stop lateral stress.
- Upper Partial Upper anteriors are often unsatisfactory if open smile line.
- In A Hurry Can not rush the technique.
Cu-Sil® partial dentures are designed to provide a long-lasting, soft, cushioning effect to help preserve your remaining natural teeth. It is extremely important that this premium partial denture be properly cared for, and proper cleaning and care are integral components to the life and longevity of Cu-Sil® partials.
The use of Cu-Sil® cleanser is highly recommended because it is an important deterrent to the potential invasion of black Candida fungus(1)which is not only unsightly, but cannot be removed. It is a moderate strength, non-chlorine product that will not cause bleaching, hardening, or porosity of the soft elastomeric material, and will preserve and protect the Cu-Sil® denture.
Stain Away Plus® and Kleenite® can also be safely used. Kleenite® will remove stains and plaque, while occasional use of Stain Away Plus® will remove hardened calculus and tartar. denture tablets should not be used, as they can cause serious damage in a matter of a few months.
(1)In clinical tests by the Mayo Clinic, Cu-Sil® Cleanser was found effective against all eight strains of Candida Fungus, while preserving the usefulness of soft Cu-Sil® linings.
- Q. What is Cu-Sil®?
- A. Cu-Sil® is the simplest, gentlest partial available. It is an acrylic, tissue bearing appliance featuring a soft elastomeric gasket which clasps the neck of each natural tooth, sealing out food and fluids, and cushioning and splinting each natural tooth from the hard acrylic denture base.
- Q. Are Special "Preps" or Impression Techniques Required?
- A. Any impression technique that returns good accurate models that include full periphery and extension retro-molar area (for lower cases) and full tuborosity (for upper cases) as well as good definition of remaining teeth, is acceptable. Accurate models, a thick wax bite for proper registration. Simply specify tooth shade, mold and type of tooth. Case is processed complete to finish or returned in wax set-up for try-in.
- Q. Is Cu-Sil® a Permanent Appliance?
- A. Yes, and can also be used in "immediate" and "overdenture" cases. It makes an excellentroofless or free-end partial. Where tooth contour is insufficient to use cast clasps or needed for elimination of torque inducing clasps. It is useful for mobile, isolated, or periodontally involved teeth. It can be a viable alternative to other types of partials using metal or wire clasps and frames. It is a preferred alternative to flexible plastic partials. Cu-Sil® is unsurpassed in comfort and aesthetics. Tooth stability and retention are definitely enhance with Cu-Sil®. Doubtful teeth last much longer than would normally be expected with cast frames.
- Q. How Long Will Cu-Sil® Partials Last?
- A. Cu-Sil® attachments last at least 8 to 10 years, and possibly longer, provided that the recommended Cu-Sil® denture cleanser is used.
- Q. What Is Required If a Tooth Is Lost?
- A. A denture tooth is simply processed in by your local lab. Acrylic relines also can be handled by your local lab.